Saturday, May 22

Find Something That's Enough to Keep You

Here I am. New York.

Only half a day into my three month stay and I can feel my things-to-remember-because-they're-epic tank nearing full. I've gotten to see why there are entire television shows based on housewives of different areas, I've gotten to see the 3 brother's dynamic in comparison to the 3 sisters dynamic, and most importantly... and certainly most emotional, I've gotten to see what it's like to have a man who looks at you and see's nothing but potential, treat me like a daughter. My uncle will change my life this summer. ** My uncle will help ME change my life **

Here is what I've learned.

Space = Control

Please allow yourelf some time to get yourself grounded, established, and comfortable before you invite anyone into your experience. While you're establishing the space around you (both mentally and physically) you gain control over just that. Take stock of what you need and make sure that you have it, if you do not have it, go and get it, create it for yourself if you must. This isn't to say that you should keep people at a distance, not allowing people in isn't creating space, it is isolation. It also certainly doesn't imply that you should always have a certain amount of physical space around you because that is impossible in Manhattan. What it does imply is that your space is yours, it is fimiliar, and it should be calming, and comfortable. Listen to yourself, because in the end, the rewards will be more than you could ever imagine.

Buisness DOES NOT EQUAL Personal

These are two seperate facets of your life. With importance stressed on the fact that the combination of the two does not produce a successful buisness life as well as personal life.

Sit up Straight

It makes a difference in how people interact with you. Proven through experience.

Listen

If you aren't listening, make sure you at least know the topic... getting stuck is embarassing. Best way to avoid this is to listen, even if it is a middle aged woman talking about how hot her 15 year old is, and how she is just like her mother. Just Listen.

-------------------------------------------

Complete topic change. There is a person, well there are many, but one person in particular that I will miss everyday that I am away. I want to tell this person that I love them SO much, and that they are welcome here anytime, and that with my most honest and sincere self I am thankful to have them in my life. So greatful. So blessed. I love you!

-------------------------------------------

So here I go, If these bright lights don't receive me, I'm going to turn myself around and come on home.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment