Sunday, May 23

Crazy Crazy Crazy

I don't even know where to begin with this one. In my life, my looong 21 years, I've met a lot of people. Good, bad, positive, negative, happy, sad, soft spoken, SO loud, and everything in bewteen. Never in my 21 years have I met one person that is all of the above... until now. She will be called Sadie, because I miss my roommates cat sometimes. Sadie takes medication, and has a busy schedule. She has 3 children, and a very calm husband. She has a mind that controls her, which means she has no control over her mind. She makes noises... I think sometimes only because she hasn't said anything in more than 2 minutes and she feels the need to make sure her vocal chords still operate adequately. Sadie is confusing.

Over the next few months you'll hear more about Sadie. Right now though, I want to talk about a thought I had on the train last night while I was watching Sadie aimlessly flip through a book called The Riches Within written by John DeMartini (http://www.drdemartini.com/) I was introduced to this book by a very important person to me and it has been a source of... I guess you could say reerence for me when I feel unsure. I thought that Sadie could certainly benefit from reading DeMartini's perspectives, and hopefully take something away from the book that could help. But then I realised this:

In the wrong hands the secret to health and happiness will lay dormant waiting for a spark of inspiration and desire to ignite the flames.

I believe that Sadie is so unfocused, that the idea of taking on the task of changing her ways that in her mind are set in stone, would be overwhelming and that makes her avoid the idea completely. Now, in no way am I implying that I'm on the path to enlightenment, or that I'm better, or that Sadie is effed beyond repair. I'm implying that anyone can be given the tools to change, to better themselves and their lives. Having the tools doesn't make anything happen.

I've been given the tools in this experience to create something for myself. I've made the decision that I will use these tools, all of them. I will never have something so powerful in front of me and allow it to lay dormant.

-----------------------------------------

Went to my first spinning class today. REDICULOUS! Stepford wives with jewels and makeup melting all around me. My bum hurts. I hated it, but I'm going back.

I start training tomorow in the city. SO excited.

Went for a stroll in times square last night. there were a group of about 7 guys, obviously tourists, who decided to stop in the middle of the sidewalk and start an acapella group. They were good. They did about 3 songs before security broke it up. They had a huge crowd around them by that time. It made me smile.

I miss my family. I once read that if a group of people threw their problems into the middle of the room, everyone would take their own right back. I like my family's problems. I understand them.

--------------------------------------

No matter how you feel, Get Up. Dress Up. Show Up.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment